When I started my business, the idea of using Twitter to get writing clients never crossed my mind. Probably because Twitter was just barely starting out at the time!
But I’ve got a system for you
- Identify a niche or industry you’d like to write for: personal trainers, dentists, house painters, whatever you want.
- Create a Twitter profile for your writing business.
- Link it to your writing website, where you feature writing samples. (You could build a website using WordPress pretty easily – or you could pay someone to build it for you rather inexpensively.)
- Create a package deal you’ll offer your Twitter clients.
- Search for and follow people in the industry you want to write for.
- In your Twitter profile, include that offer you created in step 4.
- Many people will follow you back – when they do, contact them with a direct message and make your offer, providing them with a link to your portfolio.